Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ready to have him home.

We, as military spouses, all have our days/nights where deployments will seem to get us down just a little more than usual.  Where the sight of a happy couple/family can cause tears.  Not out of jealousy, but more so a longing to have what has been taken away from us.  I guess that it was my turn yesterday.  I must say that I have been rather proud of myself.  I have been pretty emotionally steady this deployment.  I focus on Cason as much as possible.  I clean, organize and prepare for the upcoming move.  I go to the gym in the morning and Taekwondo in the evening.  Still, it leaves long lonely nights.  And as we all know, that is when you think and when the thoughts haunt you.  There are no distractions.  There is nothing to clean, nothing to fold and put away.  Just you, your pillow and your thoughts. 
I truly can not wait for this homecoming and it seems the deployment is creeping by. 

No comments: