Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Updates!!

So, I figured I would separate my venting and my update post.  Just didn't seem right to complain about a deployment and then discuss Cason's accomplishments.  Here is what is new and exciting with us.
We had an amazing Christmas.  I made a full Christmas dinner on Xmas Eve.  Then on Christmas day, we opened gifts with Michael (via web cam.)



Then Dad, Cason and I went to Linds and Mike's for a wonderful ham dinner, gift exchanges and dart gun wars.  Yes, there were dart gun wars. 



New Years was pretty awesome. Gwen came down and surprised me. It was a much welcomed. We went to Tampa Improv Club. It was so much fun.










We are moving closer to base.  It is a 3bedroom, 2.5 bathroom,3 story town house.  Yes, I am crazy having 3 stories with a toddler.  But, it will be better for us in the long run.  Hubby will not have a commute anymore.  It is literally 1 mile off of base.  It is in a terrific neighborhood and is gated with 24 hour security.  Here are a few pics of the new place. 

    Now for the "All about Cason" section
  • Cason now says "Thank you" to everything.  You can sneeze and he will thank you.  Though, it comes out like "Tan Chu."  It is still ridiculously cute. 
  • He has learned to open all of the doors in our house.  I have to keep the front and back door bolt locked other wise he would escape!!  He is getting so tall. 
  • If you say please to him he will hand you whatever is in your hand and he will stare at you until you thank him for it. 
  • He loves Cuban black beans.  And no, they do not upset his stomach , thank goodness.
  • He calls the phone and computer Daddy on a regular basis.  If the phone rings he will scream "DADA" until I put whoever it is on speaker phone.  Sometimes the person I am talking to does not appreciate it, but they will deal with it.  I am not going to tell him to stop. 
  • He will shake his booty to any kind of music.  It can be music on a commercial or one of his toys.  It doesn't matter to him. 
  • He has started telling me when he poops.  He comes up and gets my attention by trying to take off his pants.  He has succeeded in doing so before.  Thank goodness the diaper remained on until I got a clean diaper and wipes.  That courtesy was greatly appreciated.  Haha.
  • He loves the day care at the gym and church.  With our upcoming move I am praying to find  the same thing there. 
  • He looks more and more like his father everyday.  His laugh to his pout are a mini Michael.




I will end this with one of my favorite quotes. 
"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"

No comments: