Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The week before "See Ya Later"

The week before you say "see you later" to your husband is the most anxiety filled week of the entire deployment process.  Time goes by abnormally quickly, leaving us to scramble to complete the pre-deployment check list and have some quality family time.  I can't believe they will not allow anyone deploying to take leave before they go.  Not only that, but they have to out process on their OWN time.  The result of that is fifteen hour days at minimum. 
I am still wondering if I am making the right decision by staying here in Fl rather than returning to Ga.  I just beleive in creating as much stability for Cason as I can in this absolutley unstable lifestyle.  Although, being close to my family and having the added help would be great.  I just hope and pray that I am making the right decision for us.  Sometimes, saving a few thousand dollars isnt worth what leads to the savings...make sense?
Cason is doing well.  His allergies are bad at the moment but baby zyrtec seems to be helping a bit.  I am trying to keep him in his room as much as I can.  I find him in the bed with us sometimes.  I think that Mike feels guilty that he can't spend time with him and brings him in there to cuddle and sleep close to him.  I can't get upset because I feel bad for him.  He is spending every moment he can with him, playing as much as he can.  It is really sweet...heartbreaking at the same time. 
On a good note...I am super stoked Glee and House are on!!

No comments: