Friday, September 10, 2010

Like sands in an hour glass...


I have no idea why the title was stuck in my head.  I HATE "Days of Our Lives."  LOL!!


We had Cason's birthday party early and it was terrific!!! It really looked like a toy store exploded in my house!! I want to thank everyone who came and made it so special.  I know it was totally unconventional, but thank you all for helping, showing and making it all happen!


Cason is crawling, standing on his own and in the beginning stages of walking!! I can NOT believe how fast he is growing. He babbles all the time and picks new vocabulary up so quickly!! I think that he already has a bit of only child syndrome, lol.

We are having his baptism this Sunday in Georgia.  I am thrilled that Michael will be able to attend that aswell. 
I am working on making his winter wardrobe.  If we go to Norway then we will need a LOT more than what is required in FL!!  We will cross that bridge when it comes time. 

We have completed the office to play room transformation.  I am super happy with the results.  We laid down padded flooring, got a ton of cute storage containers and odds and ends.  BUT, the best thing of all...
(drum roll please) is that the toys are out of my living room!!!! 

We only have a few weeks before "d" day.  Not looking forward to it, yet at the stage where the anxiety and stress of it all makes us both want it to hurry and get here so we can get it over with! We are trying to get everything done with the house so when he goes I won't have to worry about that. 
He is spending a lot of time with Cason and making sure that he tucks him in as much as possible.  I think the fear of Cason forgetting him is effecting him.  He said that is his biggest worry.  I reassure him and tell him that he has been here for the entirety of Cason's life and that he will not forget him in that amount of time.  Plus, we have the webcam, dvds and pictures all over the place.  I told him that he will want to change his name from Daddy when he gets home :-)

School is coming along.   Can't believe I have come so far!!
I am seriously considering working as a PTA while I get my PhD.  That way I can contribute financially and also I feel so lazy.  I don't seem to have the motivation that I used to anymore.  Maybe having a job will rectify that situation. 

No comments: