Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bad weather, housing and no orders...OH MY!!!

I usually pride myself on being an optimist. I guess there has been so much going on that I have turned into quite the pessimist. There is a lot of things that are bothering me. I wish I could just focus on what is good in my life, but they are nagging. Here we go...

  • The weather- We are having some really bad weather. Its been raining and storming for over a week. Tifton (where I grew up) has been declared a state of emergency. Roads all over are being shut down, schools are being evacuated, people are being advised to get water bottles and canned goods. It is really scary. We are constantly under tornado warnings. Many people are having to leave their houses and we are all terrified that we are next. Please keep everyone in this area in your thoughts and prayers. WE MISS THE SUN!!!
  • Housing- We live on privatized base housing. We are under a lease just like everyone else. We live in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom duplex that would not go for more than $650 anyplace around here. We have just had our rent increased (MID LEASE) by $100!! Our house has flooded 11 times since Jan. Not by the weather, but because the plumbing systems are terrible. We have no carpet, just 70's school room tile. We were receiving a electric allotment of $100 and that usually covered our bill. They have just revoked that. So, now our entire BAH is going to rent and we have to pay electric out of pocket. Our rent is at a total of $956 right now. I know a lot of you are saying "Move off base then!!" I would, but with Mike being in Iraq and Afgan all of the time it is dangerous living alone here. Someone tried to break into our house while I was home when we did live off base. I don't want to put the baby or myself in any danger. That is where the base knows that they can get away with it. They know that it is safe. And 64% of people that live on base housing are security forces. They know we need this security in our life. We need to know we are all safe while our husbands work their asses off over seas. **And now they are discussing adding gas meters to our house and making us pay for gas as well as electric**
  • Orders- Mike has told me time after time not to worry about this because he wont be deploying with this unit again. I have a gut feeling that he will be deployed and before the baby is born. I have nightmares about it for pete's sake. I think that our only way to avoid that entirely is to get orders. We have been passed up so many times, its really past our time. Mike was only supposed to be here for 3 years. He has been here almost 6. He is the last one from the "original group." I really hope that when this next set of orders goes down we will be in them. I really don't care where we will go, as long as it means he is here for the most important days of our lives!!!

There is just so much going on now. I find myself trying to keep my mind on the positive things, like were going to be parents!! I try to focus on the good in life. It has just become increasingly harder for me to do this.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I left you a little something on my blog today